DISTRICT BRACKET CHALLENGE

All football discussions go here.
zsportsguy
Staff 2
Staff 2

Re: DISTRICT BRACKET CHALLENGE

Postby zsportsguy » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:29 pm

Good luck to CC and MC!!!! Hope your O-Lines are ready to do some work...30-40 mile per hour winds are gonna make the running game KEY!!!
"George Steinbrenner's yacht was a beautiful thing to to observe...with all thirty oars working in unison" - Jack Buck
cardsfan
Staff 2
Staff 2

Postby cardsfan » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:09 am

8-Man Championship
Worth County / Sacred Heart WORTH COUNTY

Class 1
Valle Catholic / Lockwood & Golden City VALLE CATHOLIC
Monroe City / East Buchanan MONROE CITY

Class 2
Lutheran North / Lamar LAMAR
Clark Co / Lafayette Co LAFAYETTE COUNTY

Class 3
Lutheran South / Mt Vernon LUTHERAN SOUTH
Blair Oaks / Maryville MARYVILLE

Class 4
Ladue Horton Watkins / Parkway Central LADUE HORTON WATKINS
Webb City / Platte Co WEBB CITY

Class 5
Pattonville / Ft Zumwalt North FT ZUMWALT NORTH
Carthage / Staley CARTHAGE

Class 6 Championship
Christian Brothers College / Blue Springs CBC
zsportsguy
Staff 2
Staff 2

Postby zsportsguy » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:20 am

zsportsguy wrote: A Thanksgiving weekend without Webb or Lamar...now wouldn't THAT be something!!!!

Well, I took a chance on the big upsets...and both of them almost happened...but not! Lamar blocks the game-tying extra point to hold off Lutheran North 7-6 and Webb gives up more than 350 yards in total offense to Platte County, but forces three key turnovers to survive 21-18.

Congratulations to Monroe!!! And, congrats to CC on a great run. Lafayette County surprised me Saturday, I thought CC would be right in it all the way. Maryville surprised me Saturday, too...I'm assuming the weather was more of an issue for BO's offense than for Maryville's...but pretty amazing for them to lose 2 regular season games and then make a run all the way to the title game...again!

Should be some really good games this weekend...MC/Valle should be a real head-knocker...Lamar would normally be a huge favorite over Lafayette County, but they're pretty beat up...Mt. Vernon was 5-4 in the regular season, including a blowout loss to Lamar in Week 8, but they play a tough schedule and have been on a roll since then, while Maryville just keeps doing what they do...Webb is Webb, but Ladue Horton Watkins has 'steamrolled' the eastern half of the bracket in Class 4...Pattonville/Staley in Class 5 is a tough one to figure, although Staley just BLASTED Carthage.
"George Steinbrenner's yacht was a beautiful thing to to observe...with all thirty oars working in unison" - Jack Buck
Snyder Disciple
Level 5
Level 5

Postby Snyder Disciple » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:49 am

Couple of good games this past weekend. Not a lot of surprises. Pattonville taking down Fort Zumwalt is the closest thing to an upset as far as I can tell. Maryville beating Blair Oaks by 19 was a bit a shock, but, "They are who we thought they were!" And Blair Oaks let'em off the hook. :lol:

It looks like I maintained a 1-point lead over src27src to stay in first place. BCBD and Clevon are tied in third 5 points back, and Z is right there at 6 back in 5th place.

WEEK 14 2017.jpg
Birth___________________Exigence___________________Choice
Snyder Disciple
Level 5
Level 5

Postby Snyder Disciple » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:58 am

It's SHOW-ME BOWL Week baby!!! Monroe City is the lone CCC representative left in the hunt. Great run for the Panthers of the black and gold. Just realized that they beat 3 current/past (1 in limbo between the two) CCC teams on their way to the title game. Probably they way the playoffs are supposed to be set up, but I just realized that's how it worked out. :roll:

5 Classes-worth of hardware on the line this weekend down in Springfield.

Class 1
Valle Catholic v. Monroe City

Class 2
Lamar v. Lafayette County

Class 3
Mt Vernon v. Maryville

Class 4
Ladue v. Webb City

Class 5
Pattonville v. Staley

Good luck pickers, and happy picking! Everyone have a great Thanksgiving and hopefully an extended weekend. I will be working on Friday... :|
Birth___________________Exigence___________________Choice
BulldogFan
Level 4
Level 4

Postby BulldogFan » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:00 pm

Class 1
Valle Catholic v. Monroe City Monroe makes the CCC proud once again!

Class 2
Lamar v. Lafayette County Lafayette County pulls off the surprise

Class 3
Mt Vernon v. Maryville Mt Vernon brings a an unexpected Maryville season to a crashing end

Class 4
Ladue v. Webb City Ladue because I just can't stand the thought of Webb winning another State Championship!

Class 5
Pattonville v. Staley Have to think Staley has too much for Pattonville but it would be fun to seem them pull off the upset
Snapper
Staff 2
Staff 2

Postby Snapper » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:01 am

Class 1
Valle Catholic v. Monroe City - Valle

Class 2
Lamar v. Lafayette County - LC

Class 3
Mt Vernon v. Maryville - Mville

Class 4
Ladue v. Webb City - Webb

Class 5
Pattonville v. Staley - Staley

Snap
"Get knocked down 6 times, get up 7!!!!!
src27src
Level 2
Level 2

Postby src27src » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:21 am

Class 1
Valle Catholic v. Monroe City Monroe City

Class 2
Lamar v. Lafayette County Lamar

Class 3
Mt Vernon v. Maryville Maryville

Class 4
Ladue v. Webb City Webb

Class 5
Pattonville v. Staley Staley
zsportsguy
Staff 2
Staff 2

Postby zsportsguy » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:55 am

I think my 'upset minded' semifinal picks completely blew any chance in this contest...but I'll finish out the year!

Class 1
Valle Catholic v. Monroe City - I know MC and the CCC have a long, proud history, and I haven't been part of much of it...but IMO, MC has had one of the best seasons for any team, ever, in the CCC - especially with enrollment and classification issues that weren't really an issue for them in their 'glory years'...finish it off!!!

Class 2
Lamar v. Lafayette County - I've been 'pooh-poohing' Lafayette County since I saw them in Week 10...they certainly proved me wrong last week...but, Lamar...even a 'beat up' version, is a different challenge. Just can't pick em. But, if they can be the ones to stop the streak...it will be well-deserved.

Class 3
Mt Vernon v. Maryville - I picked Maryville to lose to Chillicothe and then picked 'em to lose to BO. Oops!

Class 4
Ladue v. Webb City - Not sure I 'buy' this pick...but LHW has been impressive, especially in the playoffs

Class 5
Pattonville v. Staley - this could be a really good game! Pattonville's 3 losses - to Vianney, who they beat in a Q-final rematch, Eureka (Class 6 and 12-0 until they lost to state champ CBC), and Hazelwood Central in OT (Class 6 and 10-1 until they lost to CBC). I'll take undefeated Staley.
BearcatByDay
Level 2
Level 2

Postby BearcatByDay » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:53 pm

Class 1
Valle Catholic v. Monroe City MC Pennewell is really good, and osbourn is the real deal as far as gamebreakers go

Class 2
Lamar v. Lafayette County LAMAR streak goes on

Class 3
Mt Vernon v. Maryville MARYVILLE been a season of unexpected, and lets see them take the cake

Class 4
Ladue v. Webb City Ladue gotta pick against the grain with one of these

Class 5
Pattonville v. Staley Staley in a close game
Football is football and talent is talent. But the mindset of your team makes all the difference.
Robert Griffin III

Return to “Football”